Sunday, May 23, 2010

San Diego

Wednesday night Justin, Lyvi, and I drove to San Diego, Ca. for an early summer vacation. I am so happy we went when we did. The weather was perfect, not too many people, and I'm not yet in that miserable stage of being prego. We started our vacation Thursday at Sea World. Lyvi loved every minute of it.
Lyvi giving shamu a high 5Petting the sting raysFeeding the Sea LionsPetting the Star FishWaiting for the shamu show to start
(Lyvi's hair and the humity didn't get along)Sea World has a huge "Elmo's world". It has a huge jungle gym, a couple of rides, a splash pad, baby and toddler area, and much more.
Justin looking a little sick (he doesn't do good with rides that go in circles) Lyvi on the other hand loving it.Waiting for the 4-D Elmo movie to startLyvi's highlights at Sea world: Petting the sting rays, Elmo's world, Shamu Splashing people during the Shamu show, and the "Pets Rule show"
Justin's highlights: feeding the Sea Lions, Shamu show, and watching people pay to spray people on the "raft water ride"
Sarah's Highlights: also watching people get sprayed, petting the sting rays, watching the"Pets Rule" and Sea Lion show.
Saturday we went to the Wild Life Zoo. It was fun but alot of walking so thank goodness they had a safari tour ride that showed you some of the different animals.
Thursday evening before eating dinner we played and walked on the beach.

We ate at Joe's Crab Shack, Justin ordered lobster so the wastress put this bib on him.

Saturday we went to the San Diego Swap meet, played at the beach and, did some more shopping. Lyvi picked out these sunglasses at the swap meet.

Justin made fun of me, calling me "Dennis Danielson" (which is a complement) for making a list to make sure I didn't forget anything while packing. Well... well... well... Guess who forgot swim shorts and a hat... Justin! We had to stop and buy him a hat so his head wouldn't get anymore sun burned. I'm sure next trip he'll make a list.

It was hard to leave but we're happy to be home.

7 comments:

Pamela Royal said...

What a fun trip. My sister's family loves San Diego and they try to go every year around this time. I loved the picture of the three of you. You make pregnancy look much better than I do! :)

Karen Burr said...

I hope you are that happy at the cabin!

Courtney said...

I LOVE watching the people that sit in the "wet zone" and then half way through the show try and run away so they DON'T get wet?!? Lyvi looks SO cute in her glasses and swimsuit!! I LOVE IT! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!

Sylvia Burr said...

I loved seeing your family vacation, through your blog. I loved the first picture of Justin, Lyvi, and Shamu. I can't believe you let Lyvi pet a sting ray. I loved Elmo's world, I bet everyone loved watching Lyvi having a great time with such great Parents!! Thanks for sharing!

Hilary said...

Oh my goodness you are so cute preggo! Cute pics! looks so fun! P.S. Your dad stopped by my parents house today, he so so funny!!!

Tatum said...

How fun!! We went to Sea World and the San Diego Zoo last October! We had a blast... you make me want to go back!

What are you guys doing this Saturday?? Please come over and play with us!