Monday, August 10, 2009

Cabin Trip

Every year the Burr family heads up to Heber to stay at my Bro-in-laws family cabin. We left Thursday night and got there at about 10pm. We stayed up till about 12:30am just doing what the Burr girls do best chit-chatting and snacking. Friday morning the nieces and nephews woke up bright and early ready to play. The bro-in -laws and my dad re-built the tree house and zip line.Mckenzie, Gwen and Lyvi We were all excited when they finished the zip lineMeJustin and Lyvi Mason and Mary (his pony that was with him 24/7)Friday night after the Kids were bathed and put to bed, we played night games outside. We had glow sticks and glow in the dark Frisbees. We enjoyed in until this creature came running at us...
Thanks Rush (bro in law) for almost making me wet my pants. Saturday was a BUSY day. Some of us ran a marathon. Don't let this picture fool you. I was prepared but I chickened out and decided to be the water girl.Justin made me dress up Ready... set...GO! Justin surprised everyone and striped down to this... Karen and I drove so we could take pictures, video tape and handed out water...Jared came in firstJustin I think came in thirdWe also had a little fashion show. Here is the outfit I brought for Karen to model.... Cute. Right? My Mom, Sisters and I love to take a girl trip to the dollar store every year. We bring back pajamas and cheap little toys for the kids. Here is Kenzie and Lyvi with the jewelerynew pajamasLyvi enjoyed relaxing in the swing.
Sunday we got ready to leave. The kids picked up trash around the cabin while the adults cleaned inside.

Sunday was also Gwens (aka Shweet baby) birthday.
We had such a FUN weekend together! BUT there were some small injuries...
Ryan twisted his ankle TWICE!
Gwen swing broke while she was in it. Thank goodness she landed butt first and not head.
what a SWEET baby!
And of course Justin had to show off on the zip line....
ouch!
Can't wait till next year!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I like your "minor injuries" part of the blog!! :) Although my favorite minor injury was Justin "being Justin" on the zip line!! :) That was SO funny! :)

Dennis and Bonnie Danielson said...

WHERE ON EARTH DID JUSTIN COME UP WITH THOSE SHORTS? Sarah, you have to confiscate them and never divulge where they are!

What a fun time you Burr's have. Those are some darling kids. Glad you are home safe and sound! Especially Gwen, poor little thing.

sylvia burr said...

It was such a fun filled weekend. Justin you are hilarous! I am so thankful to be apart of this great family! Love you Lyvi granna

Karen Burr said...

YOU ARE THE DEVIL!

Natalie said...

That looked like so much fun!! YOu guys really come up with the silliest things.

The Garner Family said...

Sarah!! your family is so dang cute! I am glad you found me :)
We're doing some more giveaways soon too so keep an eye out! How have you been?

Karen Burr said...

Yes! I found that special picture of Karen modeling and I can't stop laughing...too bad I can't click it to make it bigger! :)

Shauna said...

Do you like how I even leave a comment as Karen...that was from me, her evil sister.